20130312

048 - Morning breath

Where's Dim Sum? #048 - Morning breath


Dim Sum meows and hears her echo reverberating deep into the cave and mixing with the thick bubbling and grinding of lava crusts.


My dad used to have this habit of calling up very early in the morning on my birthday to greet me. He's a morning person; I'm not. Apparently, he did it to my sisters too, and they're not morning people either. Then one year, we all decided to call him up very early in the morning on his birthday. :D

He doesn't call in the mornings anymore. He calls at 3pm and asks, "Gising ka na?" (Are you awake yet?)

Happy birthday, Pa!

UPDATE: After I posted this blog post, I posted it on my dad's Facebook page to wish him a happy birthday. When I visited them two days later, his wife told me that, for some reason, my dad couldn't sleep and he decided at 1am on his birthday to check his Facebook messages. And he found this post. She said, I didn't wake him up by phone alright; I just woke him up by Facebook.  ;)

location: Avilion Loch


Technical notes

windlight: [TOR] BIG SUN - Slips through walls 5 (modified)

Depth of Field:
View angle: 0.606
FOV: 38.3
F-number: 8.38
Foc Length: 673
Foc Time: 0.8
CoC: 10.0
Resolution: 1.0
Aspect Ratio: 1.0

Glow Settings:
Quality: 8
Iterations: 3
Strength: 0.2610
Luminance: 1.398
Warmth: 0.0
Width: 1.3
Alpha: 0.25

I didn't notice the face on the cave entrance until I practically stumbled on it. The cave has its own local lights, and I found a modified windlight that I've used in the past. The combination of local lights and windlights caused the multicolored effect around the face. I thought it looked like either a Vegas show or a Cirque du Soleil mask.

As I was finishing up, Mykael came out of the mouth of the cave and tried to rescue me from the volcano. I had to tell him OOCly that I was taking pictures. Later, I remembered to give him a Canadian penny... errr, a fenye coin that got stuck to my fur the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

370 - Eggs and bunnies and peeps (360°)

Dim Sum joins the peeps who wanna be bunnies. At least for Easter. For non-US folks, "peeps" are marshmallow candies shaped l...