20140208

233 - Geisha's door





Dim Sum lays herself on the warm train of the geisha's kimono as her eyes lazily half close while watching the herons dance on the frozen lake.


Lucky day! I found Tsuyu (Liang Scorpio) standing at the patio of the house and she agreed to let me take her pic. I had to derender the basket of oranges and the table itself in the foreground to get a full shot of her gorgeous kimono.

I'm not quite happy with the lighting. There's not enough contrast. I wanted to light her more on the side of the camera, but there was a local light that was too bright from inside the house, so I had no control over how she would be lighted, even if I wore a light that I could reposition. I could have repositioned the sun, but I would have lost the shadows.

model: Tsuyu 梅雨 (liang.scorpio)
location: Yuki No Yume - A Dream of Snow


Technical notes

windlight: AnaLutetia - STUDIO3 (modified)


No comments:

Post a Comment

370 - Eggs and bunnies and peeps (360°)

Dim Sum joins the peeps who wanna be bunnies. At least for Easter. For non-US folks, "peeps" are marshmallow candies shaped l...