20130204

015 - Lady of the Mist

Where's Dim Sum? #015 - Lady of the Mist


Dim Sum meows at the wispy figure.

Besides looking for Dim Sum, look for the Lady of the Mist too.  If you go to the sim, use a windlight that's not too bright or you'll miss her.

location: X-ZONE

Selected as the Second Life Pic of the Day on Feb 5, 2013!  Yay!

Technical notes

windlight: Phototools- B/W Light 03
water: Pond

Depth of Field:
View angle: 0.75
FOV: 70.0
F-number: 116.0
Foc Length: 600
Foc Time: 0.8
CoC: 10.0
Resolution: 0.78
Aspect Ratio: 1.33

After the bully incident (see below), I gave up on adjusting the windlight fog and went with the original windlight version, then focused on DOF to enhance the depth.  And I found the perfect DOF for the scene.

I swear it's a Second Life snapshot and that it's unprocessed.


Bullied by a griefer

I wasted time with this one because of a griefer.  The spot I was in was fairly isolated and I was actually flying because I couldn't sit or stand where I wanted Dim Sum to be.  It took me a while to position her in just the right spot and it's difficult to be precise when you're flying.

I had the composition set up and I was experimenting with windlight, when some eagle avatar with a Santa hat started going back and forth around me.  I could tell he was trying to get to the same spot I was, because that's what I was trying to do earlier.

I didn't want to risk losing all the positioning (my avatar and my window) that took me a long time to do, so I IM'd him and asked, "What are you trying to do?"  (His profile says he speaks English, as well as other languages.)  Instead of responding, he continued his attempts and hovered above me, then slammed down on me.  So my avatar was no longer in the right position nor in the right rotation.  And to fix it, I'd also lose the window positioning with the composition I already worked on.

Then he ran away, so I chased him.  I had to do all the work all over again anyway.

I guess he thought I would do the same to him, because he tried to sit on something.  (He's been in SL for more than 5 years; he knows what he's doing.) Unfortunately, he sat on one of those rolling logs on the water, where you try to keep your balance.  (I didn't know they made those things!)  Anyway, his supposed-to-be-invisible avatar feet started running in place over the log before he finally fell into the water.  It was so comical, I kinda felt sorry for him.  So I left and went back to my spot.

The jerk came back and stayed nearby.  I made my avatar invisible and tracked him on the radar while I worked on the settings.  Unfortunately, when I wore the avatar prims again, the level of detail was low because my cam was far away and I couldn't move it closer to force it to rez properly.  And I wanted to hurry up and take the picture before he decides to attack me again.  So Dim Sum is a bit misshapen in the photo.

I know, I should have AR'd him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

370 - Eggs and bunnies and peeps (360°)

Dim Sum joins the peeps who wanna be bunnies. At least for Easter. For non-US folks, "peeps" are marshmallow candies shaped l...